Direct all aspects of commercial, mortgage and consumer credit administration for First Financial Bank. This position is responsible for the uniform underwriting, financial analysis reporting and tracking, and workflow of the lending areas of the company to meet deadlines and comply with the Bank’s loan policies and procedures. Serves as the primary liaison between Central Loan Administration Department employees and lending staff. Assists Chief Credit Officer with oversight of the credit risk management of First Financial Bank’s loan portfolios. Provides advice and guidance to lenders and management on loan procedures and helps ensure compliance with regulatory issues and policies.
Typical Job Entry Requirements
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.)
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with an MBA preferred.
Minimum of ten plus years of loan administration, portfolio or lending management.
Strong background in financial institution operating policies, procedures and regulations preferred
Knowledge of Bank’s credit policies and procedures is required.
Comprehensive understanding of loan documentation and associated compliance and regulatory guidelines
Proven experience demonstrating strong analytical and problem solving skills
Knowledge and understanding of Laser Pro Documentation and Fiserve systems is a plus.
Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, motivate and develop employees with positive results
Requires the ability to manage a heavy workload, manage multiple projects and work effectively with others to produce results in a team environment
Proficient in software applications
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
(Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Direct the administration of the Bank’s commercial, mortgage, installment and indirect loan operations.
- Coordinate the development or revisions of loan policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory processes. Executes loan policies and ensures that deviations from policy are properly reported.
- Direct the review and interpretation of new pending laws and regulations that potentially affect the Bank’s business practices and ensure that Loan Operations staff receives adequate training.
- Review and analyze current loan operations processes and procedures and make appropriate recommendations to management in order to streamline processes.
- Staff management and development duties include: administering the necessary organization to carry out all assigned departmental functions, including training and development of staff, effective coaching and performance management.
- Oversee and direct the commercial loan operations and production processes.
- Direct the administration of the Company’s commercial loan portfolio as to credit risk management loan considerations to maintain quality control and minimize loss.
- Manage and prioritize workflow to meet credit decision deadlines
- Supervise the distribution of financial statements for analysis, compilation of commercial loan department reports and the creation of classified worksheets for loan reserve allocation for all loan departments.
Mortgage Lending/Mortgage Servicing
- Manage and provide guidance to the M/L Production Operations Manager, Application Processing Supervisor and the Residential Risk Manager.
- Oversee the production of sourcing, originating, closing, and packaging real estate secured loans. Offer advice and guidance regarding the different phases of mortgage lending including processing software, loan programs, FHLMC/FNMA loan requirements, appraisal and title work requirements, secondary market sales with an emphasis on loan, processing and closing procedures
- Oversee the processes of, servicing, collecting, OREO property management and selling of real estate secured loans for the Company.
- Direct the interest rate risk management and portfolio management for mortgage loans utilizing evaluation techniques such as gap analysis, duration analysis, funding matrix and simulation analysis.
Installment Lending/Indirect/Home Equity
- Manage and provide guidance to the Installment Loan Operations Manager, Home Equity Production Specialist and Indirect Processing supervisor.
- Directs the processes and oversees the operations of the Installment/Indirect/Home Equity Lending department including but not limited to; processing, servicing and closing.
- Develops procedures and processes to ensure that all documentation is consistent with regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- Establish and maintain effective loan administration policies and practices
- Develop appropriate staff operations and customer service skills
- Increase organizational loan volume through effective utilization of processes and resources
Competency / Skill Level
(The behaviors, knowledge, and motivations important to success in the job.)
Written and Oral Communication skills; Persuasiveness / Sales Ability; Initiative; Customer Service Orientation; Problem Assessment and Solving Skills; Attention to Detail; Technical / Professional Knowledge; Individual Leadership / Influencing; Coaching
Provides Proper Telephone Etiquette to Internal/External Customers
Services Internal/External Customer Requests/Inquiries
Reviews Required Documentation for Accuracy and Completeness
Personal Development as Established with Manager
Bank Secrecy Act
Maintain sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing/PATRIOT Act and OFAC regulations
To be able to fulfill applicable requirements and responsibilities under the bank’s related policies and programs.
Critical Job Elements
(Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Generally good working environment with little exposure to noise, extreme temperatures or other adverse factors.
Limited physical effort required.
Above average amount of pressure to work efficiently and accurately.
Considerable effort and eye strain from continued checking on the accuracy of all work leaving department.
Above average mental effort consisting of beyond normal levels of concentration, memory, complexity of decision making, time pressure, analytical thinking.
First Financial Corporation - 13 months ago