Fidelity Investments is one of the world’s largest providers of financial services, with assets under administration of more than $3.8 trillion, including managed assets of nearly $1.6 trillion, as of October 31, 2012.
Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms.
With a team of 115 investment professionals and $406.8 billion in assets under management as of October 31, 2012, Fidelity’s Global Asset Allocation division (GAA) is a leading provider of asset allocation solutions for retail and institutional clients. The range of investment solutions includes target date investing funds, active allocation strategies, managed accounts, financial planning frameworks and custom solutions.
GAA’s Quantitative Research group partners with the GAA investment teams to deliver superior risk-adjusted performance for the wide range of investment solutions delivered by GAA. Members of the Quantitative Research group either work directly within investment teams as embedded quants or in the central quant group responsible for innovating and developing best practices for asset allocation, risk management, portfolio construction, and alpha and beta modeling across and within a broad range of asset classes.
The equity quantitative analyst will work with the Team Lead to develop and execute the research agenda of the Central Quant Equity team. The team partners with the Global Asset Allocation division’s investment teams to offer thought leadership on all aspects of quantitative global equity portfolio and risk management. The Central Quant Equity team works closely with the investment teams to develop the strategic global equity agenda for GAA’s quantitative research group. The position is located at the company’s headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts.
Work closely with Central Quant Equity Team Lead to provide thought leadership for key strategic equity initiatives across the various investment teams to deliver superior portfolio construction and risk management capabilities. Partner with the various investment teams to enhance existing investment processes and develop new investment ideas to improve risk-adjusted performance. Examples of such initiatives may include:
- Utilize quantitative techniques to develop tactical asset allocation perspectives that will impact the fund selection and asset allocation positioning under different macroeconomic environments
- Develop new and enhance existing proprietary multi-factor alpha and beta models to improve the manager/fund selection process
- Develop investment solutions in partnership with fundamental analysts and portfolio managers for retail and institutional products
- Present innovative research internally to the different stakeholders as well as externally at industry conferences and publish such research papers externally
- PhD in relevant field (Finance, Economics, Statistics etc.) strongly preferred; or MS in Finance, Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering or Physics
- 3-5+ years related experience in quantitative equity research
- CFA preferred
- Rich and varied experience in financial and capital markets is desirable
- Strong knowledge of equity investing, portfolio construction, risk management and quantitative disciplines
- Experience working with large data sets and conducting high quality empirical research
- Experience with Style timing, Top-Down Quantitative Macro investment process and a very good understanding of company fundamentals and fundamental analysis
- Strong ability to think critically and proven record of thought leadership for quantitative equity investing
- Very strong communication and writing skills, in particular in regards to translating complex quantitative analysis into relevant and applicable investment solutions
- Strong programming skills (in SQL and R)
- Proficient in the use of financial tools like FactSet, Bloomberg, Barra, Style Research and/or other portfolio analysis tools
The following values are considered to be fundamental to the way in which our company operates:
Fidelity Investments is one of the world’s largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Master's Degree (±18 years)
Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history of making financial expertise accessible and effective in helping people live the lives...