ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as the industry leader in FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies," and as one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 255,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.twitter.com/aramarknews .
Aramark Healthcare is seeking candidates for the position of Central Patient Transportation Assistant Manager for The Methodist Hospital, a large acute care hospital located in Houston, TX. As the Central Patient Transportation Assistant Manager, you will supervise and direct the work activities of the Central Transportation Program on the second shift, which includes the movement of patients and non-patient items, the dispatching of work, and tracking of these activities in the computer with TeleTracking. Supervises by leading and functioning as a positive role model. Continuously monitors staff performance and provides support for staff members.
- Assures the Patient Transport phones and radios are used and answered professionally and that requests are handled in a courteous, timely and professional manner.
- Oversees daily operations of Patient Transport and Dispatch function as well as manages all internal and external transportation for the hospital.
- Schedules, coordinates movement and provides direction for all phases of Transporters as required to meet service demands.
- Assures all of the Central Transportation staff and team members are trained and knowledgeable in technical and customer service areas.
- Effectively manages and provides the following service area activities: human resources (hiring, orienting, training, performance evaluation), coaching, counseling, and discipline; as well as departmental safety and risk management.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned as work is expected to vary with changing needs and priorities.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred; will consider requisite experience in field of responsibility.
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory/management experience, preferably in the customer service industry.
- Prior knowledge of transportation and delivery systems is a plus!
- Must have the ability to manage in a diverse environment, under a variety of conditions and constraints with complete focus on client and customer services.
- Strong organizational skills, effective time management and prioritizing skills to meet critical deadlines on tasks, commitments, and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff, and demonstrated competence in management areas of responsibility.
- Ability to handle "fee for service" procedures/cash handling experience.
ARAMARK - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Today is a Brand New Day
Today, we are revitalizing our Aramark brand. Our iconic red star continues to represent our people, always...