Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
Manages and directs all duties of the Central Processing Department (CPD) including decontamination processes and sterile processing in compliance with The Joint Commission, DHS, AAMI and AORN standards. Provides support to clinical departments for equipment and instrumentation to support patient safety, infection control policies, and department operations.
Four year technical degree in related discipline,
A minimum of five years of supervisory experience in a supply chain or
Previous work experience with budgeting and business financials,
customer service, transportation and applicable information systems
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Significant experience with budgetary responsibility and interfacing with
Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives, establish and achieve
employee goals, balance multiple priorities, communicate effectively,
establish and maintain strategic relationships.
Strong analytical skills
Certified Central Sterile Processing, strongly preferred
Experience in the health care industry.
1. Directs employees and supervisors in the Central Processing Department.
2. Select, train/orient, assign department staff, evaluate performance and implement personnel actions.
3. Assist in the negotiation of supplier contracts to insure optimum value, service and availability of product.
4. Business plan development, business strategy development and management of financial objectives.
5. Direction of project management activities applicable to central processing.
6. Present applicable central processing to senior administration and clinical managers & personnel.
7. Communicate relevant information, data and other materials within the organization.
8. Recommend and manage modifications to established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards as applicable to supply chain management activities.
9. Coordinate multiple department reports and records relative to supply chain activities to provide statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes.
10. Develop and manage departmental budget; Manage personnel to coordinate requisitioning, ordering and distribution materials, supplies and equipment, and to ensure inventory levels of supplies are in keeping with usage.
11. Analyze inventory reports and surplus inventory lists to determine the need for improvement in control methods, and direct the initiation of corrective measures to restore satisfactory inventory balance and investment.
12. Insure the maximization of product storage space and methodologies and process productivity within the Distribution and all supply chain activities within HCMC sites of care;
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our leadership to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change, seeks continuous growth, inspires others, achieves results, thinks strategically and develops people. Leadership roles must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.