Provides inpatient admissions and census, and outpatient registration for all medical, dental and optometry visit for BBAHC including the village clinics. Responsible for capturing all financial and demographic information.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Type 45 wpm. Good customer service skills. Medical terminology preferred.
Familiar with health information software and Prior registration/admission experience preferred. Prior billing experience preferred.
Good communication skills required. Yup'ik speaking preferred.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Able to represent BBAHC in a professional manner. Must have excellent customer service skills and interact in a positive manner with patients and co-workers.
- Interview patients before appointments (or unscheduled appointment - "walk-ins"), correctly enter/update information into computer; process chart information for medical staff.
- Makes sure that patient signs all insurance, superbill and registration paperwork.
- Refers "cash pay" patients to the cashier window.
- Ensure that medical staff is informed of patient's arrival within 15 minutes.
- Knowledge of third party coverage rules and process billing information correctly for each visit (i.e., Medicare, Medicaid, Worker's Compensation, auto liability, etc.).
- Cross trained in Charge Entry to enter patient charges into system for billing purposes when not actively registering patients.
- Work closely with Health Information staff and perform proper procedures for medical chart handling.
- Maintain strict patient confidentiality at all times.
- Work evenings and weekends if assigned to those shifts.
- Perform inpatient census as needed.
- Process new chart information.
- Enter inpatient registration information into the computer.
- Review information both in chart and the computer (as each patient registers) for correctness and make necessary changes:
- Set up charts for scheduled appointments.
- Able to perform basic cashier duties as needed.
- Complete compliance with HIPAA regulations is required.
Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation - 15 months ago