The individual in this position serves as the primary scheduling point of contact for scheduling activities for all hospital-based ancillary and GPG departments. The individual is responsible for performing the functions and activities related to accurate patient scheduling including, but not limited to, working with departments on their physician scheduling protocols, supporting the master schedulers where necessary, accurate and complete patient registration and scheduling, and accurate patient insurance assignment. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's (GUH) philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- High school graduate or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of medical and healthcare terminology a must.
- Three years experience scheduling in a medical/clinical office required.
- Experience with computerized scheduling and registration systems.
- Working knowledge of IDX/GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Experience with an electronic health record system desired, especially GE Centricity Clinical or Aria.
- Able to work in a complex work environment with heavy call volume that involves coordination and support with various departments, patients, healthcare providers and systems.
- The problems presented often require advanced analytical skills and highly developed communication/service delivery skills in order to successfully handle disgruntled and confused patients.
- Excellent telephone etiquette, interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial, Transcribe, Transcription, MS Office, Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...