The Centralized Appointment Scheduler is responsible for functions associated with initial patient access to clinic.
Hours are Monday - Friday, from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm.
- Collects demographic information for new and established patients and loads into automated registration/scheduling system.
- Gathers medical information utilizing intake format for electronic medical record.
- Provides estimates to Self-pay patients regarding cost of services.
- Forwards charity care applications to patients.
- Completes registration using automated scheduling system.
- Utilize automated scheduling system for many types of appointments.
- Completes intake form using the electronic medical record system.
- Advise patient of possible financial obligation and insurance requirements.
- Provide general information about the clinic and its services.
- Retrieves calls from cancellation, PCP and new patient confirmation line.
- Completes confirmation calls.
- Enters incoming managed care referral.
- Accredited business school or certificate program.
- 2 years experience in a medical office setting.
- Knowledge of personal computer and automated registration/scheduling systems.
- Knowledge of managed care and insurance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tasks and procedures, e.g. clinical programs offered at Joslin and advanced automated telephone systems.
- Strong ability to multi-task while also maintaining professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated skills include exceptional customer service, team building and problem solving.
- Must be knowledgeable about referral requirements.
- Requires exceptional flexibility to adjust to fluctuating call volumes.
- Must have high professionalism and the highest standards of customer service to interact with patients and all levels of staff within the Clinic .
Joslin Diabetes Center, dedicated to conquering diabetes in all of its forms, is the global leader in diabetes research, care and education....