• Drive quality improvements utilizing root cause analysis, process reviews and improvements, corrective actions, statistical process control, in-process and final inspections, control gauges and test equipment, and quality plans.
• Responsible for generation of process specifications. Responsible for all aspects of in-process inspections within production.
• Responsible for training and long-term support of Six Sigma initiatives and compliance to ISO 9000.
• Drive yield improvement and scrap reduction using sound engineering fundamentals and data-based decision making.
• Evaluate and determine disposition of non-conforming materials and formulate corrective actions.
• Provide process and quality support for development, first piece qualification, process improvement and productivity activities of new and existing suppliers and in-house qualifications.
• Continuously identify and reduce variability in all critical processes.
• Institute SPC charts in all required processes.
• Provides engineering support by troubleshooting production problems and effecting timely solutions to maintain the continuity of production flow.
• Effectively interfaces with manufacturing and support team individuals to design manufacturing/quality processes and improvements within schedule and budgetary parameters.
• Understands and promotes new manufacturing/quality systems initiatives.
• Prepares capital appropriation requests when investment is required to support these initiatives.
• Monitor and debugs new methods and procedures.
• Hands-on experience with primary focus in raw materials, ceramic material preparation, forming and firing.
• Strong working knowledge of statistical process control and Six Sigma quality systems and tools.
• Working knowledge and experience in various quality tools including but not limited to Pareto charts, process capability studies, Fish-bone chart, and control charts.
• Aggressively initiate new processes and methods that will improve safety, reduce product cost and/or improve product quality.
• Drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
• Work with production teams to resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and product design.
• Participate in new product introductions through process layout, tool development, and new equipment.
• Develop new process and work area designs to reduce cycle time and support the lean manufacturing initiative.
• Monitor and improve productivity, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner.
• Develop production tools and databases.
• Must have a BS/MS Degree in Engineering, Ceramic Engineering or Materials Science.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office, lotus notes, manufacturing execution system.
• Able to use statistical software to analyze data, trouble shoot and resolve issues.
• Six Sigma, problem solving & continuous improvement tools.
• Must have 2-5 years related experience.
Skyworks Solutions, Inc. is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors. Leveraging core technologies, Skyworks supports...