Under the supervision of the Supervisor of Care Coordination Services, provides health insurance outreach and application assistance to low-income individuals at settings such as FHCSD clinics, schools, churches, apartment complexes, WIC offices, and other appropriate community sites.
- Documents contacts; maintains files; and submits program statistics as needed Utilizes an enrollment verification system to document outcome.
- Provides health insurance eligibility determination and application assistance at assigned clinic and community sites
- Actively participates in project and departmental meetings; performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Conducts health insurance options outreach at appropriate agency and community sites.
- High school graduate or GED equivalency; some college coursework desireable
- Must have reliable transportation and proof of current auto insurance. Active status as California Certified Application Assistor.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required; speaking, reading and writing skills in both languages.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct outreach. Knowledge of Medi-cal and Healthy Families coverage and eligibility.