Provide cutting edge athletic healthcare services to area schools, colleges and to the community that is inspired by the compensation, praise, support and acknowledgement for who we are and what we do.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Document initial injury evaluation and follow-up reports according to policies and procedures.
Document and track athletic injuries and capture referrals using the case management system.
Assist with maintaining an accurate inventory of sports medicine supplies.
Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment as outlined by department policies and procedures.
Provide clinical athletic training services within the scope of department policies and procedures.
Provide athletic training services to area recreational groups, schools, colleges, and other organizations as agreed upon in advance.
Supervise, provide instruction, and assess performance of University of Alabama Athletic Training Curriculum students, interns, volunteers, and student athletic trainers at affiliated clinical sites.
Actively participates in Sports Medicine strategic planning process.
Assist with planning and implementing pre-season physicals for athletes.
Assist with planning and implementing DCH SportsMedicine Fund Run.
Assist with planning and implementing DCH SportsMedicine Symposium and other departmental educational inservices.
Educate athlete and family regarding home programs for treatment and rehabilitation.
Performs injury evaluation, management, and rehabilitation under the direct supervision of a licensed physician or under protocols and standing orders within department policies and procedures.
Employee must maintain personal automobile insurance as required by the laws of the State of Alabama.
Employee must maintain a personal cell phone as a means of communication with DCH SportsMedicine and all of its customers.
Must adhere to DCH SportsMedicine policies and procedures.
Must adhere to Northport Medical Center policies and procedures.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
BOC Certified Athletic Trainer and Alabama Licensed Athletic Trainer. Experienced preferred. Must be able to travel to area sporting events. Must possess strong verbal and written communication, teamwork, and developmental skills and have a commitment to customer-focused delivery of athletic healthcare services. Must be able to write legibly, speak and read English.
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in the performance evaluation.
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, colleagues and with self.
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Includes exposure to human body fluids, disease, infection, lab chemicals, and hazardous material
- Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment
- Able to stand, walk, kneel, sit or stoop with good balance for extended periods of time
- Must be able to carry objects weighing 20 pounds
- Fine motor skills must be intact to handle or feel objects when providing patient care
- Must have the ability to communicate with staff and patients of all ages
- Physical presence onsite is essential. Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range. Able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Athletic trainers must provide a sound social support system for their athletes
- Must be able to display positive leadership influencing safety, prevention, education, and performance to athletes
- Must be able to operate working in complex environments while maintaining a dynamic awareness of their current situation, and then make decisions on the basis of this understanding
- Frequent contact with others: deals with internal and external customers, face-to-face discussions, and email and telephone communications.
- Possible dealings with unpleasant or angry people, public speaking, and conflict situations/resolutions.
- Responsible for others’ health and safety
- Must be able to work independently and work well with a group or team
DCH Health System - 12 months ago