Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD
Ke'aki Technologies, LLC, headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii, is a Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO) owned business. A premier government services company, Ke'aki Technologies offers a full spectrum of solutions that improve the performance and operational effectiveness of our government and Department of Defense customers. Our mission synchronized solutions are designed to deliver exactly what our customers need, when they need it. From base and range operations to biomedical defense support to telecommunications and IT services, we deliver the exact talent, tools and technologies needed to meet mission requirements.
Ke'aki Technologies has an exciting opportunity for a Certified Biomedical Equipment Specialist in support of The US Army Medical Research Institute for Chemical Defense (USAMRICD) , located at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD . The USAMRICD mission is to develop medical countermeasures to chemical warfare agents and to train medical personnel in the medical management of chemical casualties.
- Evaluates and installs sophisticated/complex medical equipment and/or systems to include standalone equipment and/or components that contain integrated circuitry and/or microprocessors. The Technician must have a complete and thorough knowledge of the entire system and know the effect of completed work on the rest of the system (examples include three phase X-ray apparatus, surgical equipment, monitoring systems, proprietary local area networks, input and output computers, integrated/networked systems and related electronics).
- P ossess es a thorough understanding and knowledge of integrated systems designs to determine whether items are compatible with existing utilities and existing equipment/components and what modifications to utilities are necessary to ensure the equipment operates as the user intends. Significant networking with a LAN may require coordination with the functional subject matter expert.
- P rovides technical advice to the research staff regarding technical reviews of new equipment considering needs, environment, available facilities, network requirements, quality, repair ability, purchase, etc., and overall life cycle management. Subsequently, provides advice and assistance in equipment selection application, care, and operation; and advises prospective users on maintainability, suitability, and adaptability of equipment.
- I nspects new equipment including receipt, inventory of parts, accessories, assembly, inspection, calibration, performance verification, parts replacement, documentation and interpretation of Preventive Maintenance inspection results to determine whether the equipment is safe and operating within manufacturer's specifications.
- S ets up and installs new medical equipment systems and communicates with the research staff as necessary to provide assistance and in-service training, setup, calibration, operation, and application of equipment.
- P erforms maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, overhaul, and surveillance testing of electronic components, medical equipment and systems, and modifications based on official guidance. Incumbent may specialize in certain types of equipment requiring specialized training or experience, e.g., Electrocardiographs Monitor/Analyzer, Electroencephalographs, Pulmonary Equipment, Shortwave Diathermy Apparatus, Blood Cell Counters, Spectrophotometers, Mass Spectrometers, Ultrasonic Therapy and Treatment Apparatus, Radioisotope Monitoring and Measuring Equipment, X-Ray Systems with Ancillary Equipment (Tables, Rapid Film Changers, and Dye Contrast Injection Apparatus), Automatic Film Processors, Intensifiers, etc.
- C onducts preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) inspections of research equipment to include visual inspections, operational checks, electrical safety inspections, calibration, and verification performance.
- O perates a wide variety of Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment to include electrical leakage current testers, safety analyzers, calipers, fluke meters, analyzers, and ventilator testers.
- T ests and classifies medical equipment in current use and determines serviceability, and disposition.
- U ses database management system to track work orders and completed work.
- U se s protective/safety clothing/equipment and may be required to lift objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
- Position requires 10 years experience in Biomedical Equipment Repair .
- Position requires a Certificate of Training in Biomedical Equipment Repair .
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
To apply directly to this position, please use this link: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH09/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=AKIMEKATECH&cws=1&rid=1156
Ke'aki Technologies LLC is a fast growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid vacation and sick time; and 10 paid holidays.
For additional information on Ke'aki Technologies, LLC, please visit www.keakitech.com .
Ke'aki Technologies, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) and applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, marital status, or genetic information.
Monster - 22 months ago