Interim CDM coverage requiring 32-40 hours/week.
1) Completion of a ANFP-approved dietary manager training program OR completion of a two-year or four-year degree in foodservice management, nutrition, or culinary arts OR completion a combination of training and experience or related-military training.
2) Current CDM, with at least one year of experience in long term care. Clinical and food service skills preferred
3) Experience with MDS, CAAs and care planning.
4) Strong problem solving skills. Highly organized and detail-oriented.
5) Excellent clinical and customer service skills.
5) One year of experience in food service management is preferred
Certified Dietary Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Screening and data collection for residents as assigned by the Consultant Dietitian
- Complete the MDSs and CAAs, and initiate a plan of care that accurately identifies and addresses clients’ nutrition risk.
- Provide specialized guidance and monitoring of food purchasing, production and service, and food service sanitation, and provide information to each facility on budget, cost control, staffing, food quality and sanitation under the direction, guidance and monitoring of the Clinical Supervisor or Mentor.
- Purchasing of food for the facility, directing food production and service and monitoring and directing staff in food safety and kitchen sanitation.
- Ensuring clients receive adequate nutrition, ensuring food is prepared in a safe manner to avoid food borne illness and meet the nutritional needs of the clients
- Serve as the director of the Dietary Department during the state and federal surveys
Nutritious Lifestyles has been providing premier nutrition and foodservice consulting services since 1986. Nutritious Lifestyles offers competitive pay, flexibility, comprehensive training and professional and personal growth opportunities for the right candidate. Nutritious Lifestyles has opportunities in long-term care, pediatrics, home care, menu development and much more!