PART-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE, 16 HRS/WK, 7a-3p or 3p-11p
Under the supervision of the Resident Service Director or a licensed nurse, performs hands-on nursing care to residents with emphasis on daily care needs, personal hygiene and cleanliness, grooming and skin care, activities, feeding, meal service prep and distribution, and general physical and environmental well-being.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Routinely inspects, cleans, and monitors equipment and supplies to ensure resident safety. Reports any equipment or supply issues immediately to the LPN, RSD or administrator for correction or repair.
- Checks all vital signs as needed, including blood pressure, records and reports to LPN/RSD as needed.
- Takes, records and reports resident weights and temperatures as needed.
- Delivers complete AM/PM care to assigned residents, including bath.
- Responds to all emergency calls and call bells to assist nurse and/or resident.
- Reports any accidents, injuries, bruises, abrasions, rashes, reddened areas, poor appetite/fluid intake, and changes in resident's status to LPN/RSD or administrator.
- Performs light housekeeping to include cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, trash removal of resident's rooms, bathrooms and dining rooms.
- Attends all mandatory in-services on an annual basis or as directed.
Experience and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Required to possess NJ Nurses Aide Certification, NJ Home Health Aide Certification, or NJ Personal Care Aide,
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak the English language with proficiency.
- Must be able to to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Requires standing and/or walking most of an 8-hour day with lifting between 10 to 50 pounds.
- Prefer at least one year of health care-related experience with long-term care, assisted living, or home health agency environment.
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY
Built on more than a century of grace-filled service, Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey (LSMNJ) continues its mission as a...