To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by assisting in medical care of patients and supporting front desk functions as needed under the direction of the physician and charge nurse/office manager.
- Accurately prepares and performs diagnostic testing such as venipuncture, EKGs, urine dipstick, etc.
- Administers all medications as ordered and assures all documentation is noted, as well as controlled substances, insulin and allergy doses that must be checked by LPN, RN or Doctor
- Maintains current CPR certification, Medical Assistant Certification
Knowledge regarding location of emergency equipment/supplies and how to use such equipment/supplies.
- Appropriately performs patient triage, assists physician with office procedures, and accurately documents patient data.
- Provide accurate and timely EKG, assures documentation and prompt transmission of test, if applicable.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills pertinent to job performance
- Demonstrates and maintains working knowledge of front desk procedures and assists in these functions when dictated by workload.
- Communicates effectively with customers (patients, physicians, and other Health First associates) practicing excellent customer relation skills at all times while organizing and directing daily medical assistant functions.
- Ensures that all exam rooms and equipment are stocked, cleaned, and ready for the next patient
- Mentors co-workers and students technical development
- Able to assist patients with scheduling questions by accessing the scheduling system and ability to print needed information.
- Coordinates medical supply ordering with site manager.
- Utilizes supplies/equipment in a proficient and cost effective manner when performing various procedures.
- Completes all required documentation and /or required forms
- EKG experience or willing to learn
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program .
- Current certification with:
- AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants),
- ARMA (American Registry of Medical Assistants)
- NCCT(National Center for Competency Testing)
- NHA (National Healthcareer Association)
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must hold current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
Health First - 12 months ago