Certified/Registered Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA)
Working Conditions : Work is performed inside a correctional facility. CHC expects employees to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. CHC provides excellent compensation and benefits packages (medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, 401K, etc.) to eligible employees.
Basic Duties : The Certified Medical Assistant/Registered Medical Assistant provides basic medical care to inmate patients under the direction of medical professionals. They perform routine tasks and procedures such as measuring patients' vital signs, administering medications and injections, recording information in medical records-keeping systems, preparing and handling medical instruments and supplies, and collecting and preparing specimens of bodily fluids and tissues for laboratory testing.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
Ideal candidate will have and maintain a current, National Registry and or state certification (if applicable) as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) in the state of practice. Must have a high school diploma and a graduate of an accredited Certified Medical Assistant program. Current CPR and AED certification required.
Employment Requirements :
Physical/Mental Requirements : Must be able to perform all of the essential elements of the position with or without an accommodation. This position routinely requires (but is not limited to) the following:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation by the company
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test.
- Must comply with all requirements of the company substance abuse policy.
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance with the client as a requisite for initial and/or continued employment
- Occasional running when responding to emergencies to meet the 4-minutes or less emergency response time requirement of the facility
- Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Correctional Healthcare Companies - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -