Position Title: Certified Medical Assistant Department: CCH&WC
Reports To: Nurse Manager FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
Date Written/Revised: 8/28/2012
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for providing high quality, compassionate, and culturally sensitive care within their scope of practice as part of nursing team in outpatient primary care facility.
****TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW, PRINT OUT APPLICATION AND SEND IT TO:
- Obtain preliminary health information and physical assessment during a patient’s visit including vital signs, chief complaints, and health maintenance needs.
- Function under established procedures and medical protocols for laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures (e.g. EKG, Spirometry, Audiometry, Visual Acuity, Updraft Treatments, Tympanometry, Pulse Oximetry, and Peak Flow Measurements).
- Administers medications and assists Nurses/Providers in therapeutic procedures (e.g. casting, suturing, wound debridement, dressing changes, etc.) within scope of practice.
- Perform phlebotomy, specimen processing, and laboratory tests within clinic standards and under the guidance of the laboratory manager.
- Utilize and maintain laboratory equipment with adherence to all laboratory safety standards.
- Document in patient medical record & EHR all observations, assessments, nursing interventions, and therapeutic measures taken. Use EHR to review and process all laboratory orders.
- Coordinate follow-up patient care with ancillary services by scheduling appointments and referrals. Provides education to patients and families regarding the management of medications, treatments, home care or discharge instructions, etc.
- Assist in maintaining adequate clinic supplies & equipment as well as upkeep of clinic area by maintaining a safe environment for patient & staff. Monitor equipment for repair or damage & report deficiency to the Nursing Supervisor.
- Provides and/ or assists in the provision of emergency care. Implement first aid in an emergency according to emergency preparedness policies.
- Must demonstrate proven effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Adhere to all tribal policies outlined in the Employee Personnel Manual. Protect patient medical information within the guidelines of HIPAA policies & procedures.
COW CREEK GOVERNMENT OFFICE
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2371 NE STEPHENS, SUITE 100
ROSEBURG, OR 97470
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation - 10 months ago