Certified Medical Assistant |
is a multi-skilled health professional who works interdependently with other healthcare professionals in our Obstetrics Department to provide quality health care to the patient within the health center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare patient rooms prior to appointment to ensure rooms are clean and stocked with needed supplies
- Prepare patient by rooming patient, taking vitals if necessary, and performing initial assessment
- Enters patient information into the electronic health record (EHR) system completely and accurately
- Assist physicians with exams and gives injections and medications as directed by physician
- Maintains and operates equipment
- Counsel patients and reports results to patients in a professional manner
- Promote patient satisfaction and provide excellent customer service
- Follow HIPAA guidelines and safety rules
- Attends staff meetings
- Participates in on-going required training
- Trains new employees or students from affiliate programs
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Experience and Skills:
Works in partnership with providers and other clinical support staff to deliver safe, high quality patient assessment, treatment, and follow up care in an ambulatory setting. . High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and a graduate of an accredited medical assistant program. Certified by accredited certification body or qualifies to test (required at next InterCare test date), and obtains passing score. Must be BCLS certified or attains certification within 45 days of employment.
InterCare Community Heath Network provides a rewarding and challenging work environment, and a very competitive benefits package which includes: a generous paid time off package including paid holidays, competitive wages, tuition assistance program, medical, prescription, dental, and life insurance. InterCare Community Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Strong computer skills; experience with an EHR system, NextGen preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
InterCare Community Health Network is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Bangor, Michigan. We employ 400 medical and dental health professionals and support personnel at multiple locations. InterCare is a federally qualified health center dedicated to improving individual health and reducing health issues in communities that we serve. We pursue our vision through the delivery of a broad range of primary care services and by promoting open access for all. InterCare's main focus is on disease prevention, wellness, and regular and timely treatment of chronic conditions. We pride ourselves on excellent communications with our patients, and on a strong health education focus that helps our patients and their families become involved in their own health care.
InterCare Community Health Network is a not-for-profit organization, headquartered in Bangor, Michigan with 400 medical and dental health...