Performs various activities to support the provision of patient care under the supervision and/or direction of an ANM or Staff Nurse and assists RNs/LVNs in treatment and care of patients.
ENSURES NUMEROUS PERSONAL CARE SERVICES TO ENSURE PATIENT'S SAFETY, COMFORT, AND CLEANLINESS.
* Ensures patient safety and comfort while providing transfer, or assisting with mobility, from one location to another in accordance with established procedures.
* Assists with the provision of good patient hygiene, including patient eliminations, in accordance with established procedures.
* Assists with the provision of proper nutrition and accurately records meal and nourishment intake, and calorie count.
* Maintains vigilance over patients' safety ensuring all safety precautions are observed (call light within reach, bed alarms used as appropriate, side rails up, bed in lowest position, seat belts in place, etc.)
* Promptly answers all patient call lights.
ASSISTS IN PROVIDING TREATMENT AS DIRECTED TO FACILITATE QUALITY PATEINT CARE.
* Provides various treatments in accordance with unit routines and as directed within the parameters of this job description.
* Monitors and records patients' vital signs, intake and output and other measurements in accordance with unit routines and as directed.
* Monitors patients and reports patients' conditions at regular intervals and prior to completion of shift, and promptly reports any signs or symptoms of concern to appropriate party.
* Accurately records interventions according to department and unit routine.
* Reviews hospital chart to familiarize self with patient care needs.
PERFORMS OTHER SUPPORT DUTIES NECESSARY TO THE EFFICIENT OPERATION OF THE UNIT.
* Maintains unit equipment in good working order and notifies the appropriate parties promptly when equipment requires service or repairs.
* Cleans equipment properly and distributes based on patient needs.
* Cleans patient bedside units and nursing areas not included in general housekeeping, ensures neatness and cleanliness of patient rooms and maintains patient care items.
* Monitors supply levels and orders accordingly.
* Assists with the timely completion and/or collection of unit forms.
PARTICIPATES IN PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT ACTIVITIES TO ENHANCE AND MAINTAIN PERSONAL AND DEPARTMENTAL QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE.
* Participates in self evaluations when requested, setting realistic goals.
* Completes unit-specific and age-specific competencies annually.
PERFORMS OTHER POSITION APPROPRIATE DUTIES AS REQUIRED IN A COMPETENT, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS MANNER.
* Homecare positions - Drives safely to and from patient homes within the Scott & White Home Care area.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
* Ability to complete nursing assistant orientation skills checklist.
* Non Violent Crisis Intervention Certification required within in 6 months on Psychiatric Unit
No experience required, but preferred.
High School Diploma/GED equivalent required.
Certified Nurse Assistant Certificate Required.
Medical Surgical Unit - Round Rock
PRN status; night shift
Scott & White - 10 months ago