The qualified candidate must possess the following:
1. High school graduate
2. Completed course of instruction from acceptable training school or equivalent training
which prepares the employee to meet the criteria in the job description
3. Current American Heart Association BCLS certification, recertified annually
4. Completion of competency checklists within first 90 days of employment
1. Certified NA certification
2. MOA certificate
3. Currently enrolled as a nursing student and has successfully completed the first quarter of
C. Interpersonal requirements
1. Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, has a commitment to customer service.
2. Communicates effectively with all applicable customers and age groups.
3. Demonstrates the ability to follow instructions in a positive manner. Asks questions and seeks clarification appropriately.
The Certified Nursing Assistant perfonns duties necessary to provide the best in patient care, but not to the extent requiring service and judgment of a registered or licensed nurse. Provides and maintains a clean, safe and quite environment in support of patient comfort and contentment. Promotes the practice of family-centered care. Provides supportive care to patients in all units with adequate supervision and cross training. Participates in perfonnance improvement activities. The Certified Nursing Assistant works cooperatively with the medical staff and other hospital staff who support the care of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Floyd Medical Center - 10 months ago