1. Responsible and accountable for individual practice, performs duties under the direct supervision of the registered nurse circulator and, when applicable, appropriately delegates and supervises tasks to provide optimum patient care.
2. Participates in establishing, maintaining, and improving patient's health care goals through assessment, planning and implementation of duties and interventions and evaluation of surgical/procedural outcomes.
3. Accurately and completely maintains unit-based documentation of job-related activities
4. Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth
5. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
6. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness.
7. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
8. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
9. Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, unit staff, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
10. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
11. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
12. To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
13. Other duties as assigned
Education required and/or preferred:
successful completion training at an accredited school for Surgical Technologist.
BCLS certified and either: Employed as a Surgical Technologist before September 1, 2009 or must be certified (Certified Surgical Technologist) within six months of date of graduation from an accredited Surgical Technologist program.
Experience required or preferred:
Unit specific clinical experience preferred
, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Reads and writes basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physician's orders. Basic computer and typing skills. Ability to move in excess of 50 pounds, with assistance from other staff. Knowledge of standard precautions. Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview...