Are you looking to start your career? Or are you are looking to stay busy while earning a little extra dough? Well if you answered yes to either of these questions and you have a hankering for helping people you may want to consider a job in your local Orchard Supply Hardware store. We are always accepting applications for Cashiers, Sales, Pick-up and Receiving. While we may not have an immediate opening, we still want to know about you.
Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career.
Certified Paint Specialist
The Certified Paint Specialist will assist customers in a professional and timely manner. They will assess the customer’s needs, recommend a solution and product(s) and communicate a compelling case for the customer to make a purchase. Additionally, they will work to ensure the department is in-stock and customer ready at all times.
1. Ensure that service to all customers in the Paint Department is provided in a professional and timely manner. This includes building a bond with the customers, learning about their project or repair through listening and asking questions, recommending a solution and product, and closing the sale. Additionally, this position requires matching of colors and accurate mixing of paint.
2. Ensure the Paint Department is always customer ready. This includes ensuring the area is stocked appropriately at all times, working to quickly resolve out-of-stock issues, all equipment is functioning and in good working order. Additionally, is responsible for ensuring the area is always safe and in compliance with Orchard safety standards.
3. Drive sales in the Paint Department. This includes understanding the departments sales plan and budget, ensuring all promotions are properly signed, completing product resets per company specifications as required.
4. Assist the Certified Paint Lead in conducting weekend paint clincs or other events to drive the business. This may include determining the subject matter (based on common customer needs), presenting information on the products we sell, and answering all customer questions in a professional manner.
5. Attend all company required training meetings and complete all required certification programs required for the Certified Paint Specialist.
6. Prepares and participates in the inventory process for the Paint Department.
1. H igh school graduate or GED
2. Must be 18 years of age or older
3. 1-2 years of previous retail experience, experience selling paint and paint sundries is preferred
4. Successful completion of Orchard's Certified Paint Lead certification program
5. Great customer service skills and a positive demeanor
6. Great verbal and listening communication skills
7. Ability to visually distinguish, coordinate, and eye color match
8. Ability to work on your feet (standing and walking) for long periods of time
9. Ability to lift, load and stock up to 5-gallon containers of product to a height of 4’ high throughout the day
10. Detail oriented with the ability to manage time efficiently and appropriately
Orchard Supply Hardware - 2 years ago
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...