This position is only available for LCCC students enrolled in at least 6 credit hours for the Spring 2013 semester.
Provide prevention and health education programming, messaging and peer-to-peer interaction regarding health issues. Must complete and pass trainer certification and be willing to model healthy behaviors. Approximately 8-10 hours per week.
Start Date: Early Spring 2013.
• Complete mandatory certification
• Plan and implement quality programming that supports student health and safety initiatives
• Promote and disseminate current and accurate information related to student health and safety
• Model healthy attitudes, skills and behaviors for LCCC Community
• Build relationships with LCCC peers and staff as necessary to perform essential functions
• Communicate effectively with LCCC peers and staff
• Demonstrate multicultural competency
• Resolve/mediate conflict between team members, LCCC peers
• Participate in training related to student health and safety
• Be available for weekly meetings/ monthly programming
• Work independently
• Basic Computer Skills
- Current LCCC student enrolled in at least 6 credit hours for Spring 2013 semester
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
Laramie County Community College - 2 years ago