Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
Physicians Pharmacy Alliance, Inc. is currently seeking Certified Pharmacy Technicians to join our rapidly growing Integrated Pharmacy Services company in Cary, NC.
Job Duties & Responsibilites:
Additional Company Wide Functions:
- Communicate appropriately and compassionately with patients and caregivers.
- The Technician is responsible for the successful receipt, processing, adjudication, billing and fulfillment of medication orders.
- Answers patients questions/concerns regarding their medications and refer to a Pharmacist where needed.
- Properly communicate with patients, providers and payers regarding any medication requests, additional information needs or potential billing challenges
- Resolution of insurance, adjudication, billing or medication fulfillment issues
- Commitment to company values/mission
- Follows all established policies, guidelines, and procedures, including federal and state regulations, to assure safe practices and quality patient care
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- Maintain all patient information in the strictest confidence
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDING CERTIFICATIONS AND SPECIALIZATIONS
- CPhT required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 18 years of age and over
Knowledge, Skills & Abilites
- Previous customer service and retail pharmacy experience is preferred.
- High Standard of attention to detail and accuracy
- IT Proficiency (Word, Email)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Team Player
- Proficient written and spoken English
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & KEY METHODS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, type, talk, read, hear, speak, and sit for extended periods of time
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. This includes extened periods of time working in front of a computer screen
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, along with occasional overtime work and/or weekend work
- Ability to work occasional overtime, with and without notice
- Ability to type, read, and analyze information presented in a variety of formats and font sizes.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace/disruptive environment
Local candidates desired, relocation assistance not provided
About Physicians Pharmacy Alliance, Inc.
Physicians Pharmacy Alliance, Inc. is an integrated pharmacy services organization that offers programs which specifically focus on Medicaid and other low-income patients, as well as ACO and PCMH programs with the high potential for medical complications and poor therapeutic outcomes as a result of complex medication regimens. Because of the unique needs of the patient population we serve, we are able to more effectively engage the patient and collaborate with the physician and payer to actively manage these complex medication regimens to achieve improved outcomes and demonstrate reductions in medical cost as result of the discontinuation of unnecessary and duplicative medications.
We currently employ over 120 employees and service clients and patients in 4 states and the District of Columbia. We will be expanding our service area to include additional states over the next several years. Promotion from within the company is strongly encouraged to ensure our employees continue to grow as we grow.
Equal Opportunity Employer