The Home provides programs and services for these children and young adults in crisis:
This position is PRN or "as needed". Hours will fluxuate from 0 to 40 hours per week depending on pharmacy needs.
- Medically fragile and terminally ill children who require 24-hour-a-day skilled nursing care.
- Those who require emergency care due to abuse, abandonment, neglect or are homeless; or who need foster care.
- To homeless, pregnant, or parenting teens, and their family members needing case management, education, parenting, and independent living skills.
- Children with autism & special needs.
- Young adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, are in crisis due to mental health or abuse, and to families who are struggling to maintain their children in their homes to provide stability and skills for self-sufficiency.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Must be certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. Current Pharmacy Technician License as issued by the Kentucky Board of Pharmacy required. One year pharmacy experience required. Experience in retail pharmacy, long term care pharmacy, pediatrics, and victims of abandonment/abuse/neglect preferred.
The general purpose of your job is to keep children who are clients of HOTI safe at all times and to be respectful of the children and their families as valued customers. The specific purpose of your job position under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist is to prepare and dispenses medications including, but not limited to, filling unit dose carts, manufacturing small volume and large volume compounded products, and packaging of solid and liquid dosage forms. Additional responsibilities include assisting the Pharmacist in stock acquisition and maintenance, medication verification support, and cashier functions. You will also be responsible for assisting the Registered Pharmacist in insuring and promoting safe, effective, and efficient use of pharmaceutical products tasks in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards.
The Home offers a family friendly atmosphere with competitive wages and outstanding benefits.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Kentucky Pharmacy Technician Certification
City of Louisville, KY
- 2 years ago - save job