REPORTS TO: Director of Specialty Programs
This position is responsible for coordinating and directing all patient medication and device needs to fill for patients in a timely and personable manner.
ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THE JOB
- Receives prescriptions and obtains information from patients to determine insurance eligibility; using a computerized system, enters prescription data to create a patient profile.
- Answers telephones and takes messages for patient refill requests and related pharmacy business.
- Helps to maintain the pharmacy in a clean and orderly condition.
- Provides excellent customer service to all patients and medical professionals via phone or in person.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of protected health information (PHI).
- Selects drugs from stock for preparation: counts, pours, or mixes pharmaceuticals; places pharmaceutical products in appropriate containers and affixes labels to containers; packages and repackages pharmaceuticals to other clinics.
- Monitors prescription inventory for expired pharmaceuticals that must be returned to manufacturer.
- May be assigned to maintenance of pharmacy filing systems (hard copy, signature logs, invoices).
- Processing prescriptions for delivery of medications to patients in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate and timely shipping and delivery of quality medications and related items.
- Responsible for management of refill requests (fax and reconcile as needed).
- Provide quality customer service to patients, physicians, clinics, etc.
- Assist compounding staff as needed.
- Identify, research, and resolve patient issues using all resources available, i.e. internet, pharmacists, etc.
- Observe and comply with all Foundation Care policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Current Missouri Pharmacy Technician Registration
- Current Certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new software
- Full time position
Starting at $14/hour.
Foundation Care is proud to be an EEO employer.