****TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW, PRINT OUT APPLICATION AND SEND IT TO:
COW CREEK GOVERNMENT OFFICE
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
2371 NE STEPHENS, SUITE 100
ROSEBURG, OR 97470
Under the direction of the Lab Manager, the phlebotomist will be accountable for ensuring that appropriate and timely specimen handling, delivery, specimen testing, results reporting, quality control & quality assurance and customer service is provided in an efficient and cost effective manner and in accordance with laboratory/clinic and tribal policies and procedures.
- Includes opening and closing procedures, coordination with ordering, inventories and stocking of supplies. Perform required quality control checks on specified lab equipment.
- Performs Phlebotomy duties in a professional, competent manner such as:
- examination of patient for vital signs,
- conducts interviews to gather and record patient information, such as medical, billing and personal history,
- explain procedures to patient in an effort to allay fears/anxieties associated with actions
- perform blood draws, and conducts testing procedures to screen blood samples
- Utilize electronic health care medical records system through RPMS patient management system, in a competent manner, and provide team support for efficient use
- Willingness to be constantly challenged, assessed, and developed
- Complies with Tribal Employment Manual and Clinic Operations Policies including HIPAA privacy act regarding protection of records and patient confidentiality.
- Compile and submit necessary medical/statistical reports and data in a timely fashion
- Apply basic time management and patient care coordination skills to provide effective and appropriate services
- Participate in quality improvement activities .
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Possess a Phlebotomy Certification.
- Three years of documented general clinical laboratory work experience.
- Certified Phlebotomist.
- CPR certified.
- Prefer experience working with Tribes and/or IHS .
- Candidate must have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and Privacy Act regulations.
- Proven ability to read, understand and apply program rules and regulations for State and Federal agencies.
- Excellent typing skills and be familiar with office procedures.
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills.
Umpqua Indian Development Corporation - 8 months ago