High school diploma or equivalent
1 years OR scrub experience required.
Good interpersonal and communication skills. CPR certified.
Certified Surgical Technologist certification will be obtained by the employee by sitting for the certification exam within 3 months of employment.
• Must be willing to work with exposures to body fluids, waste and chemicals, radiation, hazardous materials, anesthesia gases and life threatening diseases
• On-call availability (nights, weekends, holidays)
• Rotating shifts
• Ability to move heavy patients and equipment and to stand for long periods of time
• Flexibility to deal with changing environments
• Ability to respond quickly to emergencies
To provide support for the birth center’s surgical services by assisting with quality patient care. To function as a cooperative health care team member in a critical care environment.
1. Demonstrates competence in maintaining the O.R. environment.
2. Demonstrates competency in delivery of patient plan of care.
3. Demonstrates leadership abilities.
4. Supports the Nursing Divisions philosophy and the goals of the patient care unit, Good Samaritan Hospital and Advocate system
Advocate Health Care - 9 months ago