July 17, 2013
Foster Care Program
40 Hours per Week, Full Benefits
- Working with primarily Latino Populations
- Supported by our Latino Services Provider Group
- Requires Ability to Speak, Read, and Write in Spanish and English
Reference Job Code CRT-724
To Apply Please Follow Application Procedure.
Responsibilities include recruitment, certification, training, and retention of foster parents for Foster Care Programs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree with major study in social work or a closely allied field and 1 year of experience in the care and rehabilitation of children. or a combination of training and experience.
- Bi-lingual Spanish required
- Intermediate computer skills using Microsoft Office, Outlook and databases.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Values working in a multicultural/diverse work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with a broad variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Understand the impact of abuse and neglect on children and communicate that impact to caregivers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with outside community partners.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriate professional boundaries.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in working with others.
- Ability to regularly attend and be punctual for scheduled work commitments and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- Manual dexterity allowing for the performance of routine office functions, including phone use, computer use, faxing, and copying
- Personal transportation allowing for travel within Oregon and Washington in a timely manner. If driving a personal vehicle, must provide proof of personal auto liability insurance of $100,000/$100,000, provide a copy of a valid driver’s license for state of residency, and have a driving record permitting coverage under corporate policy.
- Must pass criminal history.
- TB test within 30 days of hire.
- CPR/SFA obtained within 30 days of employment and kept current.
- May require transporting of clients either in an agency vehicle or by airplane.
- Must be able to pass language test for the English and Spanish language if applicable..
- Working hours may require day, evening, and weekend hours.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure and you must meet all position qualifications/requirements.
- Email a cover letter and resume to
and reference job code “CRT-724” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
- Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services at (503)736-9759 and put “CRT-724” on your cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to create a diverse, inclusive environment to better serve our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Morrison Child and Family Services - 11 months ago