THIS IS NOT A CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT POSITION
PART-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE, 7AM to 3PM, and 3PM to 11PM, INCLUDING EVERY OTHER WEEKEND.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY.
- Assisting residents with medications including medication administration and treatments under the direction of the Resident Service Director (RSD).
- Observing, recording, and reporting to the RSD symptoms and conditions of residents that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions, or medication side effects.
- Storing medications in a safe and accurate manner in accordance with established policies and procedures and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Routinely inspecting, cleaning and monitoring equipment and supplies to ensure resident safety, as well as reporting any equipment or supply issues immediately to the LPN, RSD or administrator for correction or repair.
- Checking all vital signs as needed, as well as recording and reporting findings to LPN/RSD as needed.
- Taking, recording and reporting resident weights and temperatures as needed.
- Delivering complete AM/PM care to assigned residents, including bath.
- Reporting any accidents, injuries, bruises, abrasions, rashes, redden areas, poor appetite/fluid intake, and changes in resident's status to LPN/RSD or administrator.
Experience and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have an active Certified Nurse's Aide, Home Health Aide or Personal Care Aide license in the state of New Jersey.
- Must have an active Certified Medication Aide license in the state of New Jersey.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk 6 hours out of an 8-hour day, with lifting a lifting maximum of 50 pounds.
- Prefer at least one year of health care-related experience with Long Term Care, Assisted Living or Home Health Agency environment.
Lutheran Social Ministries of NJ - 2 years ago
Built on more than a century of grace-filled service, Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey (LSMNJ) continues its mission as a...