Channel Account Manager
West 2111 USCAN
Channel Manager - Chicago
Location: IL, MI, OH, IN, Canada
Extreme Networks is seeking people that celebrate and drive innovation. Long recognized by industry experts as a technically visionary company, Extreme Networks is preparing to make the next leap forward in networking technology – and you can help create the solutions that address the needs of businesses and governments
Our employees are the key to the innovation that has made Extreme Networks a success. We provide an environment that is geared to reward creativity, innovation and teamwork. If you would like to unleash your creativity and your career - it’s time to join the Extreme Networks team and become an Extremist!
The Channel Manager’s primary role will be to recruit new partners and manage the business relationship between Extreme Networks and our partners to focus on winning new accounts.
The new candidate will develop and implements joint business plans with new and existing partners to grow revenue and add value to their business. In addition there will be expectations of the role, such as, coordinate contract negotiations with partners, provide roadmaps to maintain certification levels, etc. Additionally, helping develop the partner’s sales planning, activity, revenue planning/forecasting as well as marketing initiatives. Lastly, helps direct Extreme Networks field participation with the partner community; and where necessary conduct joint sales calls with Partner to help accelerate success. Ideally this candidate will have personal experience with and abilities to recruit storage and data center partners in the region; and will help grow the data center business at Extreme.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific near- to mid-term deliverables for the position will include:
• Develop existing channels of various type & size into a growth path within a dedicated channel sales territory.
• Find dedicated new high quality channel partners in the region for the competitive networking and data center / cloud space Extreme Networks plays in and addresses new end customers to Extreme Networks.
• Build business plans and marketing activity plans with the regional channel partners to achieve revenue targets.
• Build and coordinate mid- and long term business relationship on managing director, sales & systems engineering level between Extreme Networks and partner
• Coordinate contract negotiations between Extreme Networks and partner if needed.
• Supports partner’s sales planning and sales activity
• Create & control know-how/training calendars for regional partners to develop partner binding grade
• Understand & communicate Extreme service model to assure clean after sales process and customer/partner satisfaction on long term bases.
• Define and direct Extreme Networks sales and network consultant field resources to support each partner in an individualized/optimized way.
• Define revenue plan and a reliable forecast model for regional partners.
• Recommends resources required to increase Extreme Networks sales through Partner. Measure/report channel satisfaction and pro-actively work on critical channel business success factors.
• Support of distributor processes within the 2-tier model might be required in future time to physically deliver products & results in time.
• Works under supervision of Distribution and Channel Management
Recruiting and Ramping to significant revenue large national and global system integrators
Supporting Channel Strategic Direction
Distribution Strategy and Successful Execution of a Focused approach
Operational Decision Making – Managing complex decision-making processes; securing relevant information and identifying key issues. Committing to action after developing alternative plan of action, which take into consideration resources, constraints, culture and organizational needs. Implement talent development, solid organizational structure and alignment, operational efficiency with emphasis on scaling channel program development.
Strategic Relationships – Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence and build effective relationships with business partners (including: peers; customers, functional partners, external vendors, and alliance partners) in NA.
Business & Technical Knowledge – Understanding and utilizing economic, financial, and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses; identifying key CMS issues and developing strategies and plans.
Partner/External Customer Orientation – Cultivating strategic partner relationships internal or external, ensuring that the customer perspective is the driving force behind all value-added business activities. Translate key marketing messages to needs of Business and IT executive audiences.
Executive Disposition – Conveying an image that is consistent with the organization’s values; demonstrating quality, trust and channel knowledge that command leadership respect
• Degree in an economical business related topic
• 5-10 years of sales/channel experience with demonstrated success in winning new channel partners and grow existing channel partners in the data center/cloud and storage networking arena (reference able)
• A track record of success pushing and pulling products, solutions & services via a tier 2 channel in the IT industry. Ideally this success should have come while working in a start-up or in a highly competitive environment against established leaders.
• Strong creative nature with ideas for local Extreme Networks team in terms of alternate promotion, program, seminars, exhibition or other sales/marketing tools which help the region and organization to create revenue.
• Demonstrated ability to produce high quality results working self-sufficient and independently in a region with limited local support infrastructure. Good organization skills required. Strong prioritization management is critical.
• Prior experience in the establishment of a remote sales site in a home office mode is desired.
• Bringing a strong network of established relationships within the local partner landscape and data center/storage and cloud arena is critical.
• Exceptional communication & negotiation skills towards managing director, sales and account management level as well as systems engineering at local channel partner side are important.
• Ability to operate in a matrix environment by influence with the regional direct touch teams and leadership and the global channel team.
• The optimistic candidate needs to show confidence and enthusiastic identification with a task to win partners trust and ability to “think purple” and “sell through” the dominance of a market leader in some situation.
• An experienced background or strong skill set in transmitting advanced technology differentiators into channel partner & customer benefits aligned with their business model and demands: Solution Selling.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Extreme Networks does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. Extreme Networks is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to the Company.
Account Mgr Channel -5380