POSITION TITLE: Channel Development Manager
LOCATION: Houston, TX (Main)
REPORTS TO: SME Sales Manager, Mass Market Sales
The Channel Development Manager ‘s responsibilities are to achieve sales goals through effective boarding, development, and management of channel relationships.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prospect, qualify, and board new Sales Channels aligned with company’s goals.
- Prospect, qualify, and acquire new business through Sales Channels (aggregators, brokers, and consultants) in order to meet and exceed assigned sales goals.
- Develop new relationships and maintain strong rapport with Channels.
- Implement the Channel Partner Management Process effectively, which includes aligning vision and mission; understanding the desired relationship quadrant; and implementing the requisite plans to achieve or exceed the expected goals. Work with internal departments such as Sales Support, Pricing, and Enrollment to remove roadblocks for Channels and improve processes.
- Ensure channels are following proper procedures for conducting business with the company.
- Continually propose innovative business process recommendations that will increase productivity and efficiency of Channels.
- Drive Sales Channel regulatory compliance in each respective market.
- Drive Performance by managing, reviewing, and providing feedback to channels on their performance reports, and continuous realignment on goals and action plans.
- Develop Channel engagement through continuous communication, support, visits, implementation of the CPM process, and enabling the Channel achieve its goals.
- Drive mutual accountability between Channels and internal organization.
- Thorough knowledge of Sales and Marketing operations.
- Successful sales and management skills.
- Demonstrated experience with developing, maintaining, and growing new and existing channel relationships.
- Extensive channel management experience in the deregulated energy sector.
- Possess strong, established channel relationships.
- Positive leadership qualities and sales management ability.
- Strategic sales thinking and planning ability.
- Strong coaching and mentoring abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a deregulated energy sales role.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
- MS Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint
- MS Project
Entrust Energy - 18 months ago
At Entrust Energy, our employees are dedicated to our customer-centric business model, acquiring loyal customers with our competitive...