As a Channel Sales Representative, you are responsible for selling NetApp’s Products and Professional Services through Channel Partners in an assigned geographic area. Your ability to penetrate new divisions and organizations within your assigned territory is essential to your being successful in this role. Cross-functional teams from NetApp’s Marketing, Systems Engineering and Product Development functions provide support and tools for you to leverage to attain and exceed sales performance goals.
The essential responsibilities of the Channel Sales Representatives are to work directly with our Value Added Resellers to capture sales opportunities, and to work effectively across functions with other NetApp employees. Your focus will be on several identified focused channel partners.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- Demonstrate leadership and initiative.
- Provide coaching and management oversight to your assigned partners and help them drive their sales strategy and goal attainment.
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within the assigned partner organizations.
- Work closely with district sales management on development and execution of a sales strategy; adhere to available resources and district sales objectives.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with your partners and NetApp sales management team on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Plan and direct channel activities including implementing forecasts, marketing program development, relationship development, customer satisfaction and collateral material development and distribution.
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with a prospect in partner organization. NetApp Channel Partner Representatives may also participate in the sales call to help qualify the opportunity.
- Create sales team alignment between the partner representatives and the NetApp account teams within the territory.
- Establish short-term and long-term goals and quotas in line with corporate objectives.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Identify needed resources for supporting sales strategy and develop a proposed budget for management review.
- Be seen and treated by your channel partners as a trusted and valued resource.
- Collaborate with the field marketing organization to plan, deliver and manage an effective communication and demand generation campaign for each focus partner.
- Identify NetApp customer references that can be utilized when reference selling.
- Develop an account management plan to sell to customer based on their business need. Job Requirements Requirements:
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development.
- A strong understanding of the sales process and Channel Sales.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Ability to communicate with senior managers about their business challenges and NetApp data management storage solutions.
- Experience using contact management software.
- Track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
o As a seasoned, experienced professional, with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures, this individual will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving a wide range of issues in imaginative and practical ways.
o Is responsible for a specific geographical territory and assigned focus partners
o May have own account responsibility or work on a team.
o This individual effectively works with senior internal personnel within the function, some employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.
o Little management direction is provided on day to day work; general instructions are given on new assignments; as well as review of activities and priorities.
o The ideal candidate will contribute proactively to the sales team efforts and positively influences decisions. May also act as a team leader and main decision maker for team projects. Education and Experience Education & Experience:
USA - Colorado - Denver
- 5 to 8 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree; or related field is preferred.
- Experience which demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell NetApp products and services is required. Posting Category Sales Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - Colorado - Boulder
USA - Utah - Salt Lake City Requisition Number 22420BR
NetApp - 22 months ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....