The Marketing Manager will collaborate with the Large Market sales and service teams to set tailored marketing strategy to support achieving the business goals with multi-billion dollar organizations. The Marketing Manager will then lead the execution and delivery of marketing tactics, drawing on other team members where appropriate.
This role must be located in Seattle or New York.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Collaborate with the groups involved in selling to and servicing large, sophisticated institutional investors to help define and evolve the value proposition for our services. Tailor the message to suite different segments, testing the value proposition in the market, refine messages as services evolve. 5%
- Develop and execute an integrated plan of marketing activities to support delivery of the business plan for large institutions through the following activities:
- build upon Russell’s brand, and recognition for Russell’s excellence when working with large multi-billion dollar organizations (advertising, PR, thought leadership, events)
- ensure the content on Russell.com/institutional is accurate, up to date, and compelling in order to drive demand.
- enable the sales effort (marketing collateral, content management, custom campaigns).
- understand the market: lead efforts to better understand the target market and competitors.
- manage the client communication agenda.10%
Work with marketing executives and marketing specialists (brand, design, eBusiness, PR, Internal Comms) to deliver the full suite of activities. This also involves being the first point of contact for all requirements from the groups that sell to and service large investors (RIS, Consulting, consultant relations, sales) 60%
- Manage the marketing budget, working with large market sales team to establish the plan, manage ongoing spend, and monitoring. 5%
- Measure the success of the marketing effort, using Key Performance Indicators such as share of voice, marketing-generated contacts, marketing-generated leads, feedback on Russell speakers and events, visitors to blog, visitors to website, etc. 10%
- Use internal communications channels to keep associates informed about the products and services, and build buy-in for making our services as successful as possible. 5%
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Where the opportunity exists, foster the delivery of the ‘best of Russell’ and exploit the global network for cross fertilization of ideas and partnership with other business lines and initiatives. 5%
- Significant experience as a senior marketer working for a financial organization, focusing on the needs of institutional investors.
- Understanding of US institutional asset management market: service providers, client types, consultants, services provided. Experience with marketing to defined contribution plan sponsors is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team player with the AI, Corporate and global marketing teams.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage priorities and multiple projects.
- Ability to manage external suppliers (advertising agencies, media agencies, giveaway suppliers, etc)
- Ability to run a virtual team to deliver cross-functional projects.
- Clear communication, both written and verbal
- Proven execution skills
- University undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification / equivalent experience
No longer Frank Russell's company (it's a subsidiary of Northwestern Mutual), Russell Investments provides investment services to...