Do you want to work for a company The Wall Street Journal named one of the top 50 new start- ups , and Business Insider calls one of the 25 Enterprise Startups To Bet Your Career On ? Coupa is building a world-class sales organization of experienced professionals. We are looking for a Channel Sales Director who will report to the Vice President of Alliances.
This position can be located in our main San Mateo, California office or outside of California, preferably in or around the Mid-West. This is a national role and will require extensive travel. This is a commissioned sales role and requires close revenue contracts with Partners, Partner Customers, and direct Healthcare entities as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:
- Effectively communicate Coupa's value proposition, vision, product and service capabilities to Partner targets. Secure Partner revenue commitments to Coupa.
- Evangelize both internally and externally to support channel harmony, including conflict resolution. Drive Partner sales opportunities as necessary.
- Manage interface between Partners and Coupa.
- Achieve and exceed assigned revenue target and other objectives based on Coupa's and Partners' business plans.
- Introduce Partners to new Coupa products and services as they become available.
- Knowledge: Healthcare vertical and experience selling to the C-Suite.
- Business: Know Coupa’s business and how Partner’s business works; know the competition and how to position Coupa.
- Communication: Understand and communicate complex contract requirements and develop proposals. Proficient in understanding and communicating all products and technical information.
- Customer Focused: Proficient in assessing and exceeding customer needs.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Assess key decision makers' needs and determine, and deliver, the appropriate sales message and service offerings to meet customer needs without coaching.
- Initiative: Expand sales to existing Partner customers by identifying additional needs. Lead Partner and Coupa sales initiatives, where applicable, by developing account plan, identifying necessary resources and leading customer interface. Create leads through networking and following up on others' efforts. Anticipate problems/opportunities.
- Integrity: Honest even when self-damaging. Able to influence others. Tactful. Encourages ethical work environment.
- Negotiating: Proficient in managing complex negotiations. Able to identify and address hidden agendas.
- Bachelor’s degree with extra consideration given to candidates with a Master’s Degree.
- 15 years business experience (spend management preferable) with 10 years successful experience in commissioned sales roles – at least half selling into Healthcare.
In addition to a very competitive salary, Coupa offers a solid stock option, impressive company paid health benefits, 401(k), generous PTO and a startup environment that allows for creativity and a chance to have fun at work while making a difference in the business world.
- Demonstrated experience in account management.
- Proven ability to develop and implement business plans and achieve required results.
- Understanding of team concepts and principles, sales and marketing strategies and management of resources.
- Analytical problem-solving and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to win in highly competitive sales situations.
- Strong executive and consultative relationship selling background.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please be advised that inquiries or resumes from recruiters will NOT be accepted.
Coupa - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard