Channel Sales Manager
Department: Business Development
Reports to: The Director/Manager of Channel Sales
The Channel Sales Manager is a sales role in the high-growth business development department at SPS Commerce. The CSM is chartered with developing lasting business relationships with software & SaaS application companies specializing in ERP, Warehouse Management, and/or Transportation Management. This includes cultivating partnerships directly with software application companies and their independent business partner communities, serving as the primary representative of SPS Commerce to these communities. Channel Sales is a fast-growing business at SPS Commerce and requires forward-thinking, innovative sales professionals who are skilled at discovery, solution selling, and managing complex sales cycles.
The Channel Sales Manager is responsible for all aspects of partner management, with specific sales revenue and lead generation objectives. Channel Revenue is achieved by establishing formal partnerships and programs with ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) and VARs (Value Added Resellers) that compensate partners for positioning SPS Commerce “full-service solutions” over competitive offerings to their prospects and customers. Channel Revenue is recognized when SPS Commerce, either through the business partner or through our own direct sales organization, enters into a master agreement with an end customer. Channel Revenue may also be achieved by “private labeling” and embedding SPS Commerce services within the solution portfolios of other application and service companies.
Specific duties include:
- Working closely with the EVP of Business Development & Manager/Director of Channel Sales to create a thorough annual business plan that details the specific markets, activities, and milestones required to meet sales revenue and lead generation objectives.
- Leveraging your business plan to educate the other departments SPS Commerce on the goals of your business such that they can participate in and understand their role in assisting you to fully execute on your objectives.
- On a daily basis, maintain consistent and accurate sales and partner forecasts using specified tools and applications provided by SPS Senior Management.
- Solution selling to senior management and business executives, including developing and managing opportunity close plans based on collective value propositions for both companies.
- Executing marketing programs with our partners that generate revenue and/or leads.
- Meeting or exceed quarterly Channel sales objectives.
- Work closely with other SPS sales organizations when independent VARs and or System Integrators are involved, winning the support of these third party companies to increase our win rates, and ultimately bringing these partners formally into the SPS Ecosystem.
- Contributing to the continued evolution and advancement of the SPS Channel Sales business model through innovation that reflects your real world experiences in the field.
- Develop and maintain financial and non-financial metrics to measure the effectiveness of our channel partner relationships, both for SPS Commerce and for our partners.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
The successful candidate would have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of equivalent education and experience
- 3+ years experience successfully selling as an Account Executive and/or Channel Sales Representative, Alliance Manager or similar position
- Ability to think “outside the box” and innovate to uncover new business opportunities
- Consistent track record of achieving or exceeding quota obligations
- Familiarity with business applications in the ERP and Supply Chain space
- Experience selling in the SMB market
- The ability to travel a minimum of 25% of the time
- The ability to develop a comprehensive go-to-market strategy with partners
- Excellent communication and cross-functional teamwork skills (product management, implementation, support, sales and senior management)
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communication skills, with ability to translate technical & customer information into business solution requirements
- Experience working with MS Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Sales Automation Systems (such as Salesforce.com)
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills.
- Flexibility / Adaptability : Openness to different ways of thinking; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things to adapt to market conditions.
- Customer Orientation : Relentless commitment to customer service through honest listening and consultation to bring real-world solutions to customer opportunities and challenges.
- Entrepreneurial Orientation : A mind-set that searches for, recognizes, and seizes profitable business opportunities.
- Self-confidence : Faith in one’s own ideas and determination to be successful: willingness to take an independent position in the face of opposition. Must possess interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with persons at all levels of an organization, including technical customers, non-technical customers, and management personnel.
- Uncompromised Integrity : Works diligently to act in the best interests of the customer, partner and company with a high moral standard that earns the respect of peers, subordinates and senior management alike.
SPS Commerce - 18 months ago
SPS Commerce perfects the power of retail trading partner relationships with the industry's most broadly adopted, enterprise retail cloud...