Channel Security Specialist Job Description
The Channel Security Specialist (CSS) role is one that will begin learning the business of the channel through internal department collaboration and external work with partners. After the initial period, the individual will own a territory in direct collaboration with Security Specialists, Demand Generation Representatives and Partner Sales Reps.
The position will report into the Director of North American Channel for Dell SecureWorks, and the core attributes of the individual will require high motivation, organizational skills and willingness to go the extra mile to serve our internal customers and external partners. The individual must be able to gain mindshare from partners who have a number of vendors to choose from every day as they sell in the market. The individual must be able to articulate the Dell SecureWorks message and positioning to help partner sales reps identify opportunities for Dell SecureWorks. In addition, ability to multi-task, drive momentum and effectively manage reporting of channel initiatives in partner opportunity creation and data collection, will all be important components of the role. The CSS will work closely with the day to day success of the “My 3-5 Plan”, and help measure and drive overall partner performance. Alignment of partner sales teams with Dell SecureWorks Demand Generation Representatives (DGRs) and Security Specialists (SSs) will be a daily exercise to further sales motion activities, , and up-to-date status of partner contribution levels will be measured to help initiate prospect conversations. The CSS will have both a base pay and commission structure.
- Maintain on-going partner information as to their agreement status, commercial terms, coverage, sales rep contacts and territories.
- Work with CAMs, SAMs, SSs, DGRs and partners in the collection of My 3-5 Plan reports.
- Work with sales operations in the loading of My 3-5 Plans into SF.com for mapping to DGRs
- Work with DGRs and partners to build plans for calling into the partner’s accounts on the My-3-5 Plan.
- Work with CAMs, SAMs, SSs, Sales Ops and partners on deal registrations.
- Work with Dell finance and legal on partner payments, documents, agreement, terms, onboarding, terminations, etc.
- Work with channel marketing, CAMs, SAMs and partners on partner program initiatives.
- Drive monthly partner led opportunity development to achieve revenue goals.
- Develop efficiencies and automation in reporting.
- Effectively grasp dynamic use and maintenance of sales CRM SF.com, Digital tracking, Account Profiling, Email Marketing and marketing automation tools and processes.
- Strategically and tactically plan and execute territory growth covering market intelligence, account penetration, pipeline expansion and revenue growth.
Life At Dell
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Managed Security Services.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in direct sales/inside sales/lead generation and/or college graduate with desire for career in professional sales.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with Salesforce.com.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with channel marketing or channel sales.
- Proven ability and awareness to grasp complex, sophisticated solution service sales processes and position effectively to prospects.
- Drive, passion and desire to conduct outbound market contact- activities on an everyday basis.
- Team oriented with ability to thrive and add to a competitive, energy filled environment.
- Persistence, willingness and awareness to learn and adapt on a daily basis.
- Bachelor degree or higher preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 15 months ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...