PRN Hospice Chaplain
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for the largest senior living provider in the United States?
Consider joining our Hospice team in Austin, TX!
Innovative Senior Care/Brookdale Senior Living Innovative Senior ISC uses therapy and wellness techniques to provide lifestyle enhancements to residents of senior living communities. Our services enable residents to live better by helping them to be safer, healthier, more mobile and more vibrant at any age or level of health and fitness. Our comprehensive rehabilitation, wellness and education services include Medicare-certified outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy.
AS AN ISC ASSOCIATE You will enjoy a good work environment, a fulfilling experience, the opportunity to build a career with a forward thinking, innovative therapy company and a substantial client base with which to work.
Job Number: 64912
Immediate Opening: PRN Hospice Chaplain
Job Type: PRN
Location: Austin Network
The Hospice Chaplain is responsible for the provision of spiritual care services to patients and families/caregivers of Innovative Senior Care Hospice, either directly or through coordination of care with other spiritual counselors.
Key responsibilities include:
We seek the following qualifications:
- Assures spiritual assessment of patients and families/caregivers in the hospice program and appropriate services are rendered in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the development of the individualized the plan of care by participating in the comprehensive assessment to meet identified spiritual needs.
- Provides direct spiritual care to patients and families/caregivers.
- Serves as liaison and support to community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
- Maintains records of spiritual care services utilization and related activities for quality assurance, program development, and policies and procedures review and revision.
- Documents direct services and ongoing communication with community chaplains and spiritual counselors.
- Attends patient care conference and interdisciplinary group meetings as a member of the interdisciplinary group.
- Provides consultation, education, and support to the interdisciplinary group on spiritual care.
- Recruits community chaplains, spiritual counselors, and spiritual care volunteers adequate to meet patient and family/caregiver needs by developing community contacts and offering education through congregations about hospice care.
- Provides for funeral or memorial services for patients as requested. Other duties as assigned
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
- Ability to work comfortably with persons from all different faith communities.
- Experience working with a senior population
- Have training in the areas of grief and bereavement
- Bachelor’s Degree and a Master of Divinity Degree or equivalent ministerial experience
Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order.
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply online at www.brookdalecareers.com or send resume to email@example.com ( Please be sure to add reference Job ID 64912 in the subject line of the email.)
Brookdale Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free work place.
Key Words: chaplain, church, spiritual leader, pastor, non-denominational, faith, divinity, prn, Austin, TX
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...