Rockstar San Deigo is looking for an exceptionally skilled character artist; the successful candidate will work well in a team that is very passionate about making industry leading games.
Industry experience is not a prerequisite. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of modelling, sculpting and texturing a diverse range of characters, and be well versed in game art production methodology.
- A comprehensive modelling and texturing portfolio showing a varied range of character art to a very high standard.
- Extensive experience using 3DStudio Max Version 2009 and above for modelling; and Photoshop for texturing.
- Exceptional sculpting ability in ZBrush or Mudbox as they relate to game art workflows.
- An understanding of all current generation production workflows as they pertain to character art production.
- A keen understanding of the human form/anatomy and structure/silhouette in respect of modelling.
- A detail obsessed eye for creating and manipulating texture maps and excellent understanding of the value of UV space.
- A great team-player: Self-motivated with good communication skills.
- Able to accurately follow common goals and tasks whilst working under own initiative.
- Have shipped current generation console titles as a Character Artist.
- Strong traditional art foundations: including but not limited to figure drawing, photography and illustration.
- An appreciation and understanding of fashion and street style.
Rockstar Games doesn't see why only the kids should have all the video game fun. The company, a subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive...