CHARACTERIZATION ENGINEER, RESTON, VA (CAD-2013-06)
Applied Research Associates, Inc. has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional engineer in characterizing and modeling of underground facilities to support full dimensional defeat planning and combat operations. The position requires reverse engineering knowledge of underground infrastructure. The position develops underground facility characterizations and their associated 3D models using multiple intelligence sources and analytical tools. The position requires providing reachback support to operational planners regarding the characterization and model. The position also provides occasional training to share expertise with junior counterparts. The 3D models produced by the engineer are often integrated with other characterization products and team communication is essential to successful delivery.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Master's degree in Engineering or Physics degree with applied science experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team of peers, as well as excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to communicate highly technical analyses at a level comprehensible to laymen and senior-level government representatives.
- Ability to clearly express in writing your technical analysis results and site characterizations.
- 7-9 years of experience in solving DoD engineering problems.
- Knowledge and use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and geospatial analytic tools such as ArcGIS 10.1, RemoteView and/or ERDAS Imagine.
- Modeling and simulation expertise with munition planning tools or similar and a working knowledge of industrial process modeling tools.
- A working familiarity with underground facility support functional systems including power, HVAC, telecommunications infrastructure, and computer networks; and protective functional systems to include security, structural hardening, EMP and CBRNE.
- Ph.D degree in Engineering or Physics.
- Military or defense-related experience and an understanding of operational planning and functional defeat of underground facilities.
- Familiarity with system analysis, 3-D computer modeling, tunnel engineering, and mining.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is an employee-owned international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. The company, founded in Albuquerque, NM, in 1979, currently employs over 1,300 professionals and continues to grow. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies, civil technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. The corporation also provides sophisticated technical products for environmental site characterization, pavement analysis, and robotics.
At ARA, employees are our greatest assets. The corporation realizes that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. ARA gives its employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take more active roles as owners. The culture is challenging; innovation and experimentation are the norm. Employees are eligible for contributions which not only add to the company’s success, but also their own through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. For additional information and an opportunity to join this unique workplace, please visit our website at www.ara.com
Please apply at www.careers.ara.com for the Characterization Engineer, (CAD-2013-06) position. ARA is an EEO/AA employer.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is an international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically excellent...