What we need:|
A dynamic, science-minded, education-driven performer to deliver our multimedia assemblies on climate change to high school students in Charlotte, NC. (Check out our
to get a taste of our presentation.) You’ll be in the field with high school students, communicating the essential science of climate change in a lively, fun and unforgettable way. After each presentation you’ll be working with youth to create ACE Action Teams that work on a variety of climate change projects, from reducing energy use on campus to throwing green proms. You’ll work from home, meet by phone about once a week with your regional manager (based in Boston), and have weekly national meetings with colleagues online.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
- Terrific oral and written communication skills.
- Dynamic presentation style, engaging personality.
- Excellent organizational skills, specifically with time management and ability to multi‐task. Must be detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Comfortable working alone with a remote manager.
- Solid understanding of global climate change and the youth environmental movement.
- Self-managing—you’ll need to manage a wide variety of projects with clear and constant communication while working from a home office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel around the region.
Experience in theatre, or other forms of performance art or public speaking.
Teaching experience or other experience working with high school age students.
Familiarity with the local school systems.
Experience working with diverse communities
Basic familiarity using a database to organize contacts and manage emails
Schedule: Full-time position
- a cover letter (including your salary expectations)
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
Deadline: Open until filled
Location: Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. ACE is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applications.
Alliance for Climate Education - 17 months ago
The Alliance for Climate Education is a nonprofit organization that travels to high schools around the country to spread awareness about...