The primary responsibilities of the Wholesale Account Manager are to conduct the necessary loan tasks and functions required in order to close loans that are in the active pipeline. The Wholesale Account Manager must maintain NPF quality standards through proper loan due diligence, attention to detail, and completion of all required steps in a timely and efficient manner. The Wholesale Account Manager is responsible for post underwriting pipeline tasks, and communication with internal Client Managers, Account Executives, vendors, and clients to troubleshoot problems and identify necessary steps that need to take place in order to close loans. The Wholesale Account Manager works closely with several internal departments: Underwriting, Secondary Marketing, Closing, and Post Closing.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Perform review of loans originated by third parties for general guidelines and identify outstanding items or questions that could cause closing delays.
- Communicate all approval status changes and clear to close statuses with client and/or client manager via phone or e mail.
- Discuss conditions as dictated by UW and internal policy, and ensure client/client manager understands what is required.
- Resolve problems and questions with underwriting department and secondary marketing department.
- Perform pipeline tasks necessary to clear loan conditions, and preview all conditions that are submitted to NPF by clients that are pending UW review.
- Maintain daily workflow prioritization, and communicate accordingly, to ensure all urgent matters are dealt with, and purchase transactions do not carry beyond target close date. 5%
- Audit files for compliance throughout the loan process: RESPA/GFE, Compensation Rules, HOEPA, all applicable predatory lending tests, TILA, MDIA, and Appraiser Independence requirements.
- Complete all processing tasks required prior to submission to closing department and submit files to the closer free of deficiencies.
- Perform closing confirmation calls with borrowers within 24 hours of settlement on an as needed basis.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- College Degree, business or finance preferred
- Mortgage experience required-Minimum 2 years. Must have processing experience
· Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Requires organization and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Excel and Word