The Chart Scanning Technician is responsible for assuring that all patient records and loose documents are scanned into the patient record with the highest level of quality possible. Responsible for indexing all documents to the appropriate patient folder and for ensuring each document is assigned the appropriate document name.
- Reviews images scanned within 24 hours, or as directed by supervisor.
- Identifies poor quality documents and marks them for rescanning.
- Ensures that all scanned documents are positioned correctly.
- Indexes documents to correct encounter and document type.
- Performs indexing process to ensure the following:
- Each document is indexed to the correct patient/encounter.
- Each document is assigned the correct document name.
- Bar-coded documents are correctly indexed.
- Identifies when it is appropriate to split and merge documents.
- Correctly inserts pages/documents when and where appropriate.
- Correctly appends pages/documents when and where appropriate.
- Depending on location and management direction, may write each indexed batch to the appropriate queue according to workflow procedure.
- Depending on location and management direction, may review assigned work queue(s) daily and ensure timely processing of all assignments in the queues.
- Files paper records in appropriate location upon completion of quality check/indexing.
- Assists others with responsibilities and adjusts work schedule to meet department needs.
To appy for this position, please complete the information below and use the navigational buttons to continue.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Licensure/Certification: None required.
- Experience: Minimum of one year hospital or clinic medical record department experience preferred.
Warning: Using your browser's Back and Forward buttons may produce undesirable results.
AR Heart Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/MFDV)