The Cheer Coach is a part-time position reporting to the Director of Student Life. The position will be a September-March position.
- Development, planning, implementing and supervising of the University Cheer Program
- Recruiting, supervising, and mentoring Cheer Squad members
- Organize, manage and facilitate cheer tryouts and cheer practice
- Coach and supervise cheer performances at athletic competitions and special engagements.
- Initiate and coordinate annual fund raising activities to supplement cheer squad budget.
- Manage the cheer program budget.
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Two to three years cheer coach experience.
- Cheer instructor certification (UCA, NCA, or comparable).
- AACCA safety certification.
- Organized – able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work to further the university’s vision as stated in the “Ten Pillars”
- Be available also for some night and weekend programming
- Exhibit an active Christian faith.