ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. In 2012, FORTUNE magazine again recognized ARAMARK on its list of “World’s Most Admired Companies.” ARAMARK has consistently ranked since 1998 as one of the top three most admired companies in its industry as evaluated by peers and analysts. Also in 2012, ARAMARK was honored as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at the company's Web site, www.aramark.com , or www.twitter.com/aramarknews .
About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, ARAMARK is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
Responsible for all aspects of food production, food safety, and all other activities which support food quality and Operational Excellence.
Scope of Role:
Level of impact is within single unit or component. Account is generally a small operation with a single residential location, catering production, and a small retail food court. Total managed volume is up to approximately$2.2M. Generally manages 2–10 employees.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.
- Ensure quality, consistency, and adherence to standards based on ARAMARK Higher Education Operation Excellence.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities.
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food, select and develop recipes, standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality, establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus.
- Ensure culinary equipment is properly operated and maintained.
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
- Assist in supervision of kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews, and initiating pay increases.
- Responsible for component menu planning, costing, and brand management.
- Ensure component compliance with sanitation and safety requirements.
- Coordinate activities with other internal departments and participates in management team meetings.
- Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization.
- Ensure standard of 90/10 rule is met in kitchen.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have minimum two-year culinary certificate from accredited school or have related experience such as apprenticeship.
- Minimum 2-3 years kitchen experience.
ARAMARK - 18 months ago
Keeping employees fed and clothed is one mark of this company. ARAMARK is the world's #3 contract foodservice provider (behind Compass...