America's Logistics Combat Support Agency
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
This position is a Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) position with DLA Installation Support at Richmond, in the Family and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (FMWR) Division. KEY REQUIREMENTS
Direct Deposit is Required
Social Security Card is Required DUTIES:
Plans and manages the day-to-day operation of a food service program that includes cafeteria and catering operations. Develops daily, catering and specialty menus. Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of meals which involve both standard to moderately complex and new cooking methods. Balances nutritional values of menus and ensures the quality of the total food service program. Develops operating budget, identifying labor, equipment and supply cost elements. Controls pricing; food ordering, storage and issue; and food production methods and techniques. Directs subordinates in all phases of food preparation. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Possess at least 1 year of specialized experience managing day-to-day operations of a food service program with a cafeteria and catering operation OR possess a degree from an accredited culinary program.
Preferred candidates will possess both the education and the experience as described above in the Minimum Qualifications and will possess ServSafe certification.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check IAW AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained.
5. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check
6. You will be required to show Social Security card upon appointment to a NAF position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Resumes and applications will be evaluated for basic qualifications requirements and for the skills needed to perform the duties of the position, as described in this vacancy announcement and identified by the Selecting Official for the position. Failure to include information that clearly demonstrates experience, education, or other qualifying factors (i.e. dates, grades) may result in an ineligible rating.
On announcements that list preferred qualifications, those candidates who meet the preferred qualifications listed may be referred before applicants who only meet the mimimum qualifications.
Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work. BENEFITS:
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx . OTHER INFORMATION:
- To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available on http://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDI140025-V300.pdf
- The Department of Defense provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
- Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim -Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- The Defense Logistics Agency Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 24 months ago
The Department of Defense, for one, has made considerable progress since receiving its barely passing grade. MITRE, a Massachusetts-based...