We strive to provide quality of life FMWR programs and services to the Picatinny Arsenal Community that result in a quality of life to Soldiers and Families commensurate with their sacrifice and service to include active duty military, retirees, civilian employees, reservists and their family members.
This position is located at the Picatinny Arsenal - Food and Beverage Division. Incumbent will prepare meals which involve both standard and moderately complex and new cooking methods.
This is a Regular Full Time position; guaranteed hours are 40 per week. Work hours will vary and will include evenings and weekends.
Incumbent will be eligible to participate in the NAF benefits program and will be entitled to leave accrual.
Direct Deposit is required
Social Security card is required
Physical examination is required
Plans and manages the day-to-day operation of a food service program in a small club where formal dining and catering are a regular, substantial basis of the total food operation. Develops daily, catering and specialty menus. Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of meals which involve both standard to moderately complex and new cooking methods. Balances nutritional values of menus and ensures the quality of the total food service program. Develops operating budget, identifying labor, equipment and supply cost elements. Controls pricing; food ordering, storage and issue; and food production methods and techniques. Directs subordinates in all phases of food preparation.
Managerial experience of the caliber described above or successful completion of an accredited culinary program.
Best Qualifying Criteria: Applicants who possess experience in grill cooking, cafeteria, fine
dining, and/or volume catering service will be amongst the best qualified.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Evenings and weekend work will be required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Managing food service operation and Financial Management.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
usajobs.gov - 20 months ago
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...