To supervise food preparation of all food outlets of the hotel ensuring standards are maintained as set forth by management.
1. Supervises food preparation staff: hiring, terminations, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations and development.
2. Schedules all employees under his/her supervision, maintaining adequate staffing levels while adhering to labor standards guidelines.
3. Supervises all cooking operations, including methods, portioning and garnishing.
4. Plans meals and develops menu.
5. Assist the Food and Beverage Manager and Sales Staff with banquets, parties and other special events.
6. Requisitions food and equipment, giving specifications, quantities, and quality description.
7. Ensures attractive presentation on all food and dishes.
8. Maintains health and sanitation standards.
9. Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in developing the annual operating budget.
10. Monitors budget.
Skills and Abilities:
Think logically to make decisions
Interpret information in mathematical, written and diagram form, such as statistical reports, profit and loss statements, financial statements and credit regulations.
Understand the effect politics and economic trends will have on the company of organization's plan.
Continually make decisions based on experience and personal feelings as well as on facts and figures.
Speak to large groups
Deal with all kinds of people ranging from civic leaders to employees, and from legislator to the general public
Speak and write clearly and with authority.
Accept the full responsibility for managing an activity.
Work Permit Needed?
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work will not be considered.
WCG Hotels - 2 years ago
Embassy Suites Hotels was recently named one of the top hotel chains for families in the 2004 U.S. Family Travel Guide by Zagat Survey®....