Provide direction and leadership for employees in the kitchen. While producing great quality food served in a timely manner prepared in a clean and sanitized kitchen
- Coach, teach and train kitchen staff on quality and consistency of product through use of standardized recipes and best practices.
- Develop Sous Chef through written goals and objectives. This would include master projects and serve safe.
- Maintain a fair and safe environment that is conducive to growth and development for all staff members.
- Adhere to best practices regarding food prep and execution to minimize food waste.
- Adhere to recipes and purchasing guidelines.
- Understand SLII, One-Minute Management and R.I.S.E in order to effectively communicate performance appraisals.
- Able to work closely and communicate with HOH & FOH, in constant high pace doing a variety of "time restraint" tasks.
- Other functions assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Minimum of 1 year as a Sous Chef in concept or 1 years-previous chef experience.
- Understanding of high volume operations.
- Complete working knowledge of all phases of kitchen.
- Ability to be self-starter.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- 100 % Stand or walk.
- 80% Interact verbally with other line position.
- 75% Work at Approx. 36" table/stove and reach in approx. 36”.
- 75% Reach (6” to overhead) bend, stoop and wipe.
- 60% Perform job at continuous high pace, under pressure, while maintaining quality & speed standards.
Lift and carry sacks, boxes, product up to 50 pounds from floor to above waist level, approx. 20 feet and sometimes involving stairs
- Culinary degree or equivalent.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Revision Date: January 1, 2003
Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant Group, Inc. is a national operator of upscale brewery restaurants featuring boldly flavored...