A Talisker Mountain Destination
At Canyons Resort, proud winner of the 2011 & 2012 Utah's Best Places to Work award , you’re not just an employee, you’re a Guide. As such a Guide, you have the opportunity to create extraordinary experiences for our guests and as a company, we can say without a doubt that we value our Guides above all else.
If you're ready to be part of something big and believe you can make a difference for our guests, we might be the right fit for you.
JOB TITLE: CHEF
DEPARTMENT: FOOD & BEVERAGE
STATUS: FULL TIME YEAR ROUND
Develop and manage all aspects of food preparation and presentation for the resort restaurants. Work closely with Senior Director of Food and Beverage and Executive Chef to maintain Resort standard in food quality, staffing, safety and budgeting. Provide coaching and supervision of staff.
- Plan and coordinate the daily operations of all assigned restaurant and banquet kitchen facilities.
- Exercise full supervisory authority, directly and indirectly, over 15 to 20 cooks and other kitchen staff. Plan and conduct training programs and staff meetings. Plan staffing needs and work schedules in order to meet department goals.
- Monitor all kitchen operations on a regular basis.
- Plan and administer the kitchen operating budgets.
- Plan menus for all regular and special events.
- Research, develop, modify, and test all recipes with the help of the Executive Chef.
- Deal regularly with outside vendors of food, supplies and equipment.
- Supervise food, supply and equipment ordering and inventory control.
- Directly or indirectly supervise all food preparation and production activities. Ensure that the highest quality is maintained. Develop and implement appropriate quality and production controls.
- Prepare various administrative and operating reports and records, such as inventory and production cost reports and time sheets.
- Confer regularly with Senior Director of Food & Beverage to plan, coordinate and evaluate staff, service and departmental needs. Proactively resolve budget and personnel issues.
- Set professional guidelines by acting as a role model to all kitchen staff.
- Provide superior customer service (internal and external) at all times. Follow The Resort’s etiquette guidelines.
Reports to Senior Director of Food & Beverage and works closely with Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage, while overseeing the administrative and functional supervision over kitchen staff.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, lift and carry heavy objects.
- Training in a culinary arts school or apprenticeship with professional chefs, 5 plus years of relevant professional cooking experience, including some supervisory/management experience, or a combination of education and skill from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Broad and in-depth professional knowledge and skills in food preparation, cooking and presentation; menu planning; ordering and inventory control; quality and production control; and other aspects of kitchen management.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Experience in budget management preferred.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of Company personnel and outside vendors.
The Canyons - 17 months ago