ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, parks and destinations and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries.
The Business Services division of ARAMARK provides a wide range of food, facility, and other support services to more than 500 clients in business and industry, at more than 1,200 locations in the U.S. ARAMARK offers Fortune 500 companies and other large and small employers a single-source provider for employee cafés, executive dining rooms, catering, convenience stores, conference center management, and facility management. ARAMARK Business Services is looking for professional leaders committed to providing our customers with unique solutions, outstanding variety, and healthy menu choices to improve the overall well-being and productivity of client locations.
As a Chef de Cuisine you will:
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities;
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food;
- Select and develop recipes as well as standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality;
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards, and plan and price menus;
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensures proper safety and sanitation in kitchen;
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
- The Chef de Cuisine directly supervises kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews and initiating pay increases.
- Typically reports to a Food Service Director or General Manager.
Ideal candidates will possess a degree or related culinary degree with 5+ years of industry & culinary management experience. The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services is essential to success in this role. Previous experience with control food & labor cost, demonstration cooking, menu development and pricing and development of culinary team preferred. P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
ARAMARK - 10 months ago
Keeping employees fed and clothed is one mark of this company. ARAMARK is the world's #3 contract foodservice provider (behind Compass...